Terms & conditions
These terms and conditions are applicable to all guests booking either directly with The Palm House Vanuatu (“PHV”) or via a travel agent/online travel website.
Bookings, cancellations, amendments and charges
- All bookings are subject to availability and The Palm House Vanuatu shall be entitled to refuse any booking on reasonable grounds.
- Charges will be at the quoted rates, on the terms set out in connection with the quoted rate. All quoted accommodation rates include local taxes.
- A non-refundable service fee will apply to all bookings when payment is made by credit card (including where a ‘credit’ option is selected when using a debit card). We accept the following major credit and debit cards: Visa Credit & Debit Cards, and MasterCard Credit & Debit Cards. Full payment is required when booking. A 3.5% credit card surcharge is payable on all credit and debit card payments for bookings and at the resort. There are no ATM or Cash-Out facilities at the resort. If you wish to pay your bill in cash, please ensure you bring this with you.
- All bookings require a 1 night deposit payable within 5 days of the reservation to secure the booking. Your villa is not confirmed or guaranteed until receipt of such payment.
- Final payment for the booking in its entirety must be made 30 days prior to arrival.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and confirmed by The Palm House Vanuatu.
- “No Shows” will be subject to room charges at the contract rate for all room nights booked.
- Unless otherwise specified in a group booking agreement or when booking a special rate with different payment terms specified in order to qualify for the rate, the following applies:
- Booking cancellations made 14 days or more from the date of travel will be refunded in full.
- Bookings cancelled less than 14 days from the date of travel will be charged 100% cancellation fee.
- Guests who arrive late or depart early from the resort will be charged for the entire booking including unused accommodation.
- The Palm House Vanuatu may, at its option, cancel any booking not paid in full inside 30 days prior to arrival.
- Arrival and departure details must be supplied no later than 7 days prior to arrival (or supplied at time of booking inside 7 days of travel).
- Refunds can take up to 14 working days to be processed.
- Other alterations to booking details may result in a rate change.
- All outstanding charges are to be paid upon check-out.
- The Palm House Vanuatu protects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information of its guests.
- Check in time is daily from 2:00pm.
- Check out time is 11:00am.
- Guaranteed late check out will result in an additional night being charged.
- All indoor areas, including villas and public spaces of The Palm House Vanuatu are strictly non-smoking. Smoking is permitted in outdoor areas of the villas and the resort only.
- Pets may not be brought onto the premises with the exception of guide dogs.
- Guests shall comply with all rules, regulations and instructions at The Palm House Vanuatu, including but not limited to security procedures, health and safety procedures, registration requirements, dress codes and during activities.
- The Palm House Vanuatu shall be entitled to refuse a guest entry or accommodation or to require a guest to leave the premises if unreasonable behavior is displayed, be it threatening or abusive, causing disturbance to other guests or otherwise unacceptable.
- The Palm House Vanuatu will not accept liability for loss or damage to any items belonging to guests of the resort.
- All villas do not accommodate more than two adult guests (and infant/s as required) and guests may not permit additional guests to spend the night in any villa.
- Day visitors to the resort are prohibited.
RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) / Drone Usage Policy
- Use of an RPA/Drone by guests is strictly prohibited in order to protect guest privacy. If management needs to use a drone for advertising or marketing purposes, they will advise all guests prior to the event.
Transfer Services (Road)
- The Palm House Vanuatu operates a private vehicle solely for the purpose of transportation for its guests. Additional private vehicle bookings with third party operators can be arranged on request for an additional charge.
- The Palm House Vanuatu provides complimentary airport transfers for all guest’s flight arrival and departure times.
- Children of all ages are welcome at the resort as guests. As all villas are limited to accommodating a maximum of two guests, all children (with the exception of infants) will require accommodation bookings in additional villas.
Limitation of liability
- The Palm House Vanuatu shall not be liable for any loss of or damage to a guest’s property which is:
- during participation in any activity; or
- caused or contributed to by the negligence of the guest; or
- not promptly reported to The Palm House Vanuatu on discovery
- The Palm House Vanuatu shall not be liable for loss of or damage to a guest’s property except when proved to be caused through the negligence or wilful misconduct of The Palm House Vanuatu.
- The Company will not accept responsibility or liability for any injury which occur to guests whilst staying at The Palm House Vanuatu or due to participation in any activity.
- In the event that performance of this Agreement is delayed or prevented by any cause reasonably beyond The Palm House Vanuatu’s control, including, without limitations, any acts or orders of government authorities, by fire, flood or explosion, by an act of god, by necessary and essential construction, arrest or seizure and legal process, strike or other restraint of labour from whatever cause including flight delays, or act of terrorism, The Palm House Vanuatu will be discharged of its obligation to provide accommodation or other services.
- The Palm House Vanuatu may engage appropriate transfers operators and other providers to coordinate and provide certain services. The transfer operators and other providers are solely responsible for and liable for providing their respective services. Guests are also subject to specific terms and conditions imposed by other providers.
- The Palm House Vanuatu is set on a tropical island and on a natural ocean coastline which may contain fauna and flora that may be dangerous if at close contact. Whilst every effort is made by the staff and management of The Palm House Vanuatu to ensure the safety of its guests, guests acknowledge as a condition of making their bookings that neither The Palm House Vanuatu nor any of its staff shall be liable for the death or injury of any of its guests or for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (save where caused by the negligence or wilful misconduct of The Palm House Vanuatu) suffered by any of its guests arising out of, or in connection with, use of the facilities and activities offered by The Palm House Vanuatu, in particular (but not limited to) these involving flora and fauna. The guest, by making a booking, releases The Palm House Vanuatu and its staff from all or any such liability.
- Where items belonging to guests have been found by a member of The Palm House Vanuatu staff, and where the owner can be clearly identified, guests will be contacted and any confirmed item returned to them by registered mail or courier at the expense of the guest.
- In the event the owner of any found item cannot be identified it will be logged and held in security for a period of three (3) months. If after this period the owner of the lost article has not contacted the property or has otherwise been identified, the article will be disposed of. In the event the lost article may be of tangible benefit, the lost article will be given to a local charity organisation after the three (3) month period has lapsed.
- These terms and conditions are covered in all respects by the LAW OF VANUATU and any legal action arising under the contract shall be litigated only in the appropriate court having jurisdiction in that country.
- We strongly recommend appropriate travel insurance coverage for all visitors to The Palm House Vanuatu to cover cancellation penalties levied as a result of inclement weather, airline or other transportation delays, other unforeseen disruptions, cancellations or delays or in the event of illness.